Hello everyone. Yesterday marked my official first anniversary with Firedoglake. I am thankful for everyone, from the staff to the readers, who have supported the Roundup in the previous year. It has been quite a journey so far and I hope the Roundup can continue to improve in the future.
|By: KateCA Tuesday September 9, 2014 6:35 pm|
*MA. Let’s hope this is the beginning of a trend. Two men blocked a ship from delivering coal to a MA power plant last year by anchoring a lobster boat in its path. They were protesting use of coal “and other fossil fuels, the primary cause of global warming.” Believe it or not, local prosecutors have dropped the criminal charges against the two men out of concern for “the children of Bristol County and beyond”—and one of the prosecutors plans on participating in the People’s Climate March being held this month in New York. (The two men, by the way, are going to pay a $2,000 fine each “for alleged civil infractions.”)
|By: KateCA Saturday August 23, 2014 12:00 pm|
Nebraska to rock: Willie Nelson and Neil Young will be performing at “Harvest the Hope Concert,” a benefit for Bold Nebraska and the Cowboy and Indian Alliance in their continued opposition to the Keystone XL Pipeline. Date: September 27th, a tad over 27 years since Nelson and Young performed together at Farm Aid-3 in 1987.
|By: BrandonJ Wednesday June 25, 2014 6:01 am|
Hey folks, how are you doing this day? International Politics Overall – The recent vote by the U.S. Presbyterian Church to divest from Israeli companies shows the impact the divestment movement is having – While it is good an international deal with Iran is being made, it is important to note the evidence used against [...]
|By: BrandonJ Thursday May 8, 2014 5:45 am|
- Despite mainstream news organization claiming there are no neo-Nazi supporters in Ukraine, recent developments forced the issue
- Pentagon: We have troops heading into Nigeria for kidnapped girls, but we don’t have any plans
- Israeli President Shimon Peres stated he had a peace plan three years ago with Palestine, but it was blocked by Benjamin Netanyahu
- In France, Chinese police officers will be patrolling to protect rich Chinese civilians from attacks; The perks of capitalism.
|By: BrandonJ Wednesday March 19, 2014 5:45 am|
Hey folks, how’s it going for you? International Politics Overall – Here is an interview (part one and part two) on The Real News further discussing the Crimea referendum vote and how the West should respond – Meanwhile, Russia signed a treaty to annex the Crimea region into their territory. Putin has said the vote [...]
|By: BrandonJ Thursday February 27, 2014 5:45 am|
May Chokwe Lumumba rest in peace. More here on the man.
- Now in the Ukraine, the interim government put together a new cabinet
- One U.S. attorney subpoenaed different Bitcoin sites to understand how they respond to cyber attacks
- The House passed a bill delaying IRS regulations on not giving tax-exempt status to political groups
|By: BrandonJ Tuesday February 25, 2014 5:45 am|
- Harold Ramis passed away at the age of 69. May he rest in peace.
- In Pakistan, near the Afghan border, a top Pakistani Taliban member was killed by unknown assailants
- An excerpt from Jed Morey’s book on how Morgan Stanley is an actor behind the manipulation of commodity prices
|By: BrandonJ Monday February 24, 2014 5:45 am|
- With the Olympics ending in Sochi, Russia, a question asked is what will happened to all the built stadiums? Nothing good, that’s what.
- The Ukrainian Parliament voted,to impeach President Viktor Yanukovych from his position. The Western world is scrambling to ensure the situation doesn’t become more volatile and the U.S. is warning Russia not to get involved.
- Robert Reich: “WhatsApp Is Everything Wrong with the U.S. Economy”
|By: BrandonJ Friday February 21, 2014 5:45 am|
- Leaked audio shos the Obama administration is trying to work with the Ukrainian opposition
- Jason Jones of The Daily Show brilliantly shows how Russia transitioned from a bureaucratic (pseudo)communist state to a right-winger’s capitalist paradise
- Pew: Even though the rate of union membership is declining in the U.S., 51 percent of Americans support unions