How are you doing today folks? International Politics Overall – Pew: Following up on erik’s comment yesterday, the public throughout the world believes corruption is a significant issue in their continent with the most reported in Africa – Thanks to the efforts of Russia, the prospects of a deal between Iran and the P5+1 is better than before – A [...]
|By: BrandonJ Thursday December 4, 2014 7:00 am|
Another lack of indictment, another day of reactionaries siding with oppressors! Here’s an article by Arun Gupta that provides good vibes. I’m sure we all need something positive to keep going. International Politics Overall – After it was reported Iranian fired airstrikes at the Islamic State in Iraq, Secretary of State John Kerry called it “positive” – Egypt [...]
|By: BrandonJ Wednesday December 3, 2014 7:15 am|
Hey there folks, how are you doing? May Bobby Keys rest in peace. International Politics Overall – Russia announced the opening of a new command center in the Arctic; I’m sure it is for control of minerals there before other powers get to the resource Middle East – A quick post on how The New York Times fails to cover crimes [...]
|By: BrandonJ Sunday November 30, 2014 6:30 pm|
- An investigation into the Iraqi military found 50,000 “ghost soldiers”
- Thomas Frank: “Wall Street’s long, slow tease”
- Natasha Lennard: “Darren Wilson’s Testimony and the Historically Racist ‘Black Devil’ Trope”
|By: BrandonJ Friday November 28, 2014 8:00 pm|
- With a delay of an agreement between Iran and the P5+1 that will take even more months to negotiate, Israel is thrilled with the failure of a complete agreement
- Pope Francis I: Instead of using violence against the Islamic State, we should focus on eliminating poverty to defeat the ISIL
- British Prime Minister David Cameron pledged to institute new rules restricting immigrants from entering into the UK and devised strict welfare rules
|By: BrandonJ Friday November 28, 2014 2:34 am|
- In Kabul, Afghanistan, a Taliban suicide bomber attacked a British diplomat convoy killing six people
- Wondering what Hillary Clinton requires when speaking for $300,000? Wonder no more thanks to a summary of a FOIA request here.
- A committee in Nigeria ruled Shell must pay $3.6 billion for an oil spill four years ago
- Turkeys pardoned by presidents still die young
|By: BrandonJ Thursday November 27, 2014 5:45 am|
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
- Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA): “Why does Ferguson still look like Iraq? Congress can stop the military police”
- Chilling to hear DeAndre Joshua, a 20-year-old in Ferguson, was shot in the head and burned near his car. Joshua was a friend of Dorian Johnson, who was with Brown on the day he was murdered.
|By: BrandonJ Wednesday November 26, 2014 5:45 am|
- Gary Younge: “The law may have spoken but the Ferguson verdict is not justice”
- Gareth Porter: “The Failure of the Iran Nuclear Negotiations”
- According to a U.N. group, the Islamic State received between $35 billion to $45 billion in ransoms
|By: KateCA Tuesday November 25, 2014 5:02 pm|
*AK. The Pebble Mine is back in the news as a federal judge “temporarily blocked” the EPA’s efforts to stop the mine, following Northern Dynasty Minerals’ objections to the process.
|By: BrandonJ Tuesday November 25, 2014 5:45 am|
- Juan Cole: “Israel and Mississippi: Racist Plans for Second Class Citizens and Religious Legislation”
- After being criticized by Mexican officials for calling the country a “failed state,” Uruguayan President Jose Mujica apologized for his comments; It’s not like he’s wrong. The party in charge failed with their neoliberal plans
- In the past 11 years, Honda did not collect any data about accidents or crashes with its cars