Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- TRNN: UK’s Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity. A leading British charity warns that 3.5 million children in the United Kingdom are growing up below the poverty line, while the divide between rich and poor continues to accelerate faster than anywhere else in the developed world.
- “The University of California is preparing to pay about $1m to settle a lawsuit filed by demonstrators who were pepper-sprayed during an Occupy protest at UC Davis last autumn.”
- “Prominent Egyptian-American writer and activist Mona Eltahawy has been released from police custody after being arrested in New York on Tuesday for spray painting a subway poster that equates Muslims with ‘savages’.”
- “In his 2009 Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech, President Obama cast war as a necessary evil. Referring to just war theory, a classical underpinning of military ethics, Obama said, ‘War is justified only when certain conditions were met; if it is waged as a last resort or in self-defense; if the force used is proportional; and if, whenever possible, civilians are spared from violence.’”
- Truthout: The Israel Lobby and How It Operates
- WMNF airs debate between Dinish D’Sousa and Chris Hedges from Uprising Radio on the film Obama 2016. Click in the Archives box then click on 25 Sep in the pop-up calendar. This program eliminates the first, unrelated, portion of the Uprising show.
- Truthout: Boehner May Have to Let the Fiscal Cliff Happen to Stay Speaker
- Richard Wolff: Global Capitalism – A Monthly Update & Discussion: September 2012
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.