Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “US car giant Ford has said that it will cut several hundred jobs in Europe because of declining demand, including in the UK. Jobs will also go in Germany and in other parts of Europe.”
- “The organisation that sets the Libor inter-bank rate has said it could give up that responsibility, if required. The head of the UK’s regulator, Martin Wheatley, is to publish a report into how to reform Libor later this week.”
- TRNN: Quadrillion Dollar Derivatives Market 20 Times Global GDP. Markus Stanley: Derivative bets not a zero sum game, have far reaching real world consequences
- TRNN: The Crisis and Who Has Power. Leo Panitch and Sam GIndin PT2: Major structural change or effective short term reforms requires addressing democratic decision making starting with making banks a public utility
- “It’s a common lament, the kind of rant that rolls off the tongue in an election year: American workers can’t compete globally. They no longer produce stuff that the world wants. And that’s why our economy is sluggish. The problem is, it just isn’t true.”
- Mother Jones: Utah Set to Send Glenn Beck-Approved End Times Novelist to Congress
- Truthout: What Do We Know About Independent Voters?
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.