Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “Recession-hit Spaniards will this week be told to swallow yet more austerity as the government prepares a fresh round of reforms and another budget filled with spending cuts and tax increases that will allow it to seek a bailout from eurozone partners.”
- “François Hollande’s popularity has plummeted just four months after he took office, according to the latest opinion poll. The survey found only 43% of French voters were happy with the Socialist president. The drop of 11 percentage points is one of the worst for a leader in more than 50 years since the start of the fifth republic.”
- TRNN: Mexican Drug War Victims Denounce US Complicity. Mexican Caravan for Peace with Justice and Dignity visit New York. The movement started in 2011 when a well known Mexican Poet, Javier Sicilia, lost his young son to Narco related violence and declared he had enough. Members of this movement have now taken their criticism north to denounce US government complicity in the violence both by exporting weapons and also a model of militarization that targets all sectors of society.
- Glenzilla: Five lessons from the de-listing of MEK as a terrorist group
- TRNN: QE3 Another Fed Give Away to the Banks. Michael Hudson: Shoveling money to the banks not meant to create jobs, it’s a way to give banks even more speculative capital and prepare them for another meltdown
- TRNN: The Black Financial and Fraud Report. Bill Black: Top Justice official tells Wall St. how to avoid prosecution
- Truthout: Chicago Teachers Strike Ends, But ‘Multi-Year Revolution’ Begins
- TRNN: Taking Stock of the Occupy Movement. VJ Prashad: With the 99% slogan, the Occupy movement raises the issue of inequality in a profound way
- TRNN: The Neocons and 9/11. Robert Parry: The emerging history of 9/11 reveals that President George W. Bush’s failure to protect the nation resulted from neocon insistence that Iraq was the real threat, not al-Qaeda. The political relevance today is that the neocons want back into power under a Mitt Romney presidency
- Truthout: Beyond God and Guns: Why the GOP May Lose the White Working Class
- Bill Maher Slams Undecided Swing State Voters And The Media For Celebrating Them
Marx in the Morning around 12:30ET tomorrow over at MyFDL. Marxian Class Analysis Theory and Practice.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.