Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “Angela Merkel said Germany’s highest court had sent a powerful message to the rest of Europe and beyond, after it paved the way for the creation of a €500bn rescue fund to tackle the eurozone’s debt crisis.”
- TRNN: Does Obama Economic Policy “Just Need More Time”? Jerry Epstien: The basic policies must change or recession and high unemployment will continue
- “‘Where, as in the case of sickness and accident, neither the desire to avoid such calamities nor the efforts to overcome their consequences are as a rule weakened by the provision of assistance – where, in short, we deal with genuinely insurable risks – the case for the state’s helping to organize a comprehensive system of social insurance is very strong.’ Surprisingly, those are the words of Friedrich Hayek, straight out of The Road to Serfdom.”
- “Gas is the new coal. At least that’s what the Obama administration seems to think. In accepting his nomination to run for a second term, President Obama pledged to “continue to reduce the carbon pollution that is heating our planet,” and to create 600,000 new jobs in the natural gas industry.”
- Truthout: Greg Palast on How the GOP Is Planning to Steal the 2012 Election
- Making Contact: Making it Our Business: Co-ops on the Rise
- Truthout: Scotts Miracle-Gro to Pay Record Fines for Poisoning Birds and Selling Illegal Pesticides
The fines are chump change to Scott’s. Anything to make a fuckin’ buck. Scumbags.
- “Terry Jones, ‘Sam Bacile’: The men behind the movie?”
- Robert Fisk: The provocateurs know politics and religion don’t mix
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.