Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “The BBC’s Athens correspondent Mark Lowen says the Greek Prime Minister is expected to broach the idea of a possible two-year extension to its bailout conditions. Antonis Samaras may float the idea before he meets his German and French counterparts later this week.”
- Glenzilla: Human rights critics of Russia and Ecuador parade their own hypocrisy
- TRNN: Broken Anvil: Victims Fight for Justice After DEA Operation Leaves Four Dead in Honduras. Soldiers opened fire from U.S. government helicopters, killing four people, including two pregnant women
- TRNN: Collateral Damage of a Drug War. Alexander Main on the May 11 Killings in Ahuas and the Impact of the U.S. War on Drugs in La Moskitia, Honduras
- “In more than six years of spying on Muslim neighborhoods, eavesdropping on conversations and cataloging mosques, the New York police department’s secret demographics unit never generated a lead or triggered a terrorism investigation, the department acknowledged in court testimony unsealed late Monday.” Assholes.
- “Hollywood director Oliver Stone and documentary filmmaker Michael Moore have written an op-ed published in The New York Times supporting embattled WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and the country that recently offered him asylum, Ecuador.”
- “President Rafael Correa’s decision to offer Julian Assange asylum appears to have divided citizens of this South American country.”
- Truthout: How Nonprofits Spend Millions on Elections and Call It Public Welfare
- “Reggie Clemons has one last chance to save his life. After 19 years on death row in Missouri for the murder of two young women, he has been granted a final opportunity to persuade a judge that he should be spared execution by lethal injection.”
- Truthout: Sioux Spiritual Leader Speaks Out on Land Sale at Sacred Site
- Aljazeera: Argentina awaits ruling on crop pesticides (video)
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.