Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- A little tidbit I heard on the radio yesterday morning. Robert F. Kennedy challenges Gross Domestic Product (video)
- For those who were off visiting other planets yesterday, here’s Julian Assange’s statement from the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
- “As Greece’s leftwing prime minister, Antonis Samaras, prepared to meet eurozone leaders this week for the first time since taking office, a senior ally of German chancellor Angela Merkel has insisted there is no room for concessions to Greece on the conditions of its aid programme and no appetite for a third rescue package.”
- TRNN: Full Employment and the Swedish Model. Bob Pollin Pt3: In the quest for a short term solution to the crisis, there is a lot to learn from Swedish social-democracy
- Truthout: Chicago’s Quiet Home-Liberation Front
- “Violence by Jewish settlers has been cited for the first time in a US state department list of ‘terrorist incidents’, as Israeli political leaders condemned a string of recent attacks on Palestinians in the West Bank and Jerusalem.”
- TRNN: Israel Debates the Cost of War. Israeli media this week is filled with argument over cost of war with Iran, as prices rise
- Robert Fisk: UN leaves Syria to its bloody fate
- “Lonmin is threatening to sack its striking staff unless they go back to work on Monday despite the deaths of 34 miners shot by the South African police last week. The London-listed platinum miner said it would stick to an ultimatum issued before Thursday and the worst incident of police violence since the end of apartheid at its Marikana mine.”
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.