Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
Slow news weekend with the exception of the run-of-the-mill garbage. Now that the Olympics are over the world’s elite can start stirring the pot again.
- TRNN: The Media and Politics of Offshore Tax Havens. James Henry PT 3: Politicians demand debt reduction but the media rarely connects billions of unpaid taxes on offshore accounts to the issue
- Truthout: Saving the Post Office: Letter Carriers Consider Bringing Back Banking Services
- “The Egyptian president, Mohamed Morsi, has dismissed his military chief as part of a sweeping set of decisions that includes the appointment of a vice-president and the rescinding of a military order that curbed presidential powers.”
- TRNN: Israel vs Iran: An Israeli Media Report. Israeli media spike coverage of potential attack on Iran “in the coming 12 weeks”
- Robert Fisk: In the end, all Israel and her Western allies want to do is to break Iran – via Syria
“I am proud to announce that our new websiteis live today [7 Aug]. Democracy at Work is a project, begun in 2010, that aims to build a social movement. The movement’s goal is transition to a new society whose productive enterprises (offices, factories, and stores) will mostly be WSDE’s, a true economic democracy.”
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.