Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “The number of Greeks out of work has risen to a new high, with more than one million people unemployed, especially the young, official data shows. The latest data, published on Thursday, showed that the country’s jobless rate climbed to 23.1 per cent in May from 22.6 per cent in April.”
- “China’s inflation dipped to a 30-month low in July, giving policymakers a bigger cushion to boost stimulus measures to spur economic growth. Consumer prices rose by 1.8% in July, from a year earlier. That was down from a 2.2% growth rate in June and a 3% rise in May.”
- TRNN: Netanyahu Bows to Popular Pressure on Austerity. Self-immolations in Israel due to poverty and upcoming austerity measures plummet PM to record low in polls.
- “Four old grey cooling towers looming above the bucolic farming village of Temelin stand at the center of Europe’s energy quandary.”
- Truthout: America’s Ten Largest Corporations Paid Nine Percent Average Tax Rate Last Year
- “French police have been dismantling illegal Roma (Gypsy) camps after the new Socialist government promised action on public health grounds.”
- “Brazil has approved a bill that reserves half the places in the country’s prestigious federal universities for state school students.”
- Koch Brothers committed to seeing Republican states turn a ‘deeper shade of red’
- “For the first time, the US is working with Vietnam to help clean up Agent Orange in the country, the Los Angeles Times reported.”
- Syrian rebels battle for Aleppo (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
- Truthout: Washington Puts Its Money on Proxy War: The Election Year Outsourcing That No One’s Talking About
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.