Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “European markets have fallen after the European Central Bank president Mario Draghi said the bank would come up with ways to assist struggling eurozone countries ‘over the coming weeks’.”
- “Political infighting over the ‘fiscal cliff’ threatens to wipe out the US’s fragile recovery with ‘very bad’ consequences for the rest of the world, a senior International Monetary Fund economist warned Thursday.” That would be the recovery of the 1%. The rest of us haven’t seen shit for recovery.
- Truthout: Defense Companies Use Congress to Save Their Profits, No Matter What (Part One)
- “Australia, which tries to tread a fine line between supporting its closest ally, the US, and not upsetting China, its biggest trading partner, yesterday rejected a proposal to base a US nuclear aircraft carrier group near Perth, saying it did not want American bases in the country.”
- “The Colombian government says it will challenge a court decision which ruled against the military in a land dispute. The Constitutional Court ordered the Armed Forces to dismantle a training base built on land belonging to indigenous tribes in Guaviare province.”
- TRNN: “Media Repression in Honduras Speaks to U.S. Congress, but is anyone Listening? TRNN speaks with the director of Honduran Radio Progreso about the state of terror that has killed more than twenty-five journalists in Honduras over the last three years as he waits to testify before the Human Rights Commission.”
- Truthout: In War, the Truth Dies First: The Tremseh “Massacre” and Syria’s Fate
- Making Contact: Lessons of Nagasaki
- Cormorants: Underwater dive video shows the bird’s power
Ann Romney’s horse fails to win dressage but avoids offending British (h/t msmolly)
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.