Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “Italy’s Prime Minister Mario Monti has said he sees ‘light at the end of the tunnel’ on the eurozone debt crisis. Mr Monti met French President Francois Hollande in Paris after which the two renewed their support for the euro.”
- “More than 100,000 people in the euro zone lost their jobs last month, pushing the region’s jobless rate to a fresh record high.”
- “Deutsche Bank has confirmed that a ‘limited number’ of staff were involved in the Libor rate-rigging scandal.”
- “Venezuela has joined Mercosur, six years after first applying to join the South American trading bloc. President Hugo Chavez went to Brazil for the ceremony, in his first official trip abroad since being diagnosed with cancer more than a year ago.”
- “As evidence mounts that foreign Islamists are fighting alongside Syria’s increasingly radicalized rebels, Christians in Aleppo and elsewhere are taking up arms, often supplied by the regime.”
- “The US is hosting a two-day meeting of countries opposed to the EU’s controversial carbon tax on airlines. Delegates meeting at the US Department of Transportation in Washington DC are exploring an alternative global solution that would include the EU.”
- TRNN: “Berlin Tenants’ Movement Occupy Square. Social housing tenants occupy central square demand a rent freeze and nationalization of social housing.”
- Truthout: Jaw-Dropping Corruption: America’s 47 Million Hungry Mouths Are Just Another Corporate Cash Cow
- TRNN: “What a Single Payer Health Insurance Plan Looks Like. Gerald Friedman: A single-payer plan in Maryland would cover everyone, improve outcomes and make business more competitive.”
- A real waterbed in a German furniture store.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.