Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last fish has been caught. Only after the last river has been poisoned. Only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten. Cree Nation Tribal Prophecy
- “EU leaders have agreed on a growth package for the struggling eurozone, but Italy and Spain want quick action to lower their borrowing costs.”
- “European leaders came under intense pressure on Thursday night to embark on a “big leap forward” towards political union and rescue for the euro, while groping for milder bailout formulas that would relieve the pressure on Spain and Italy and help to reduce their cost of borrowing.”
- TRNN: “Argentinian Central Bank Targets Growth, Not Lower Inflation. John Weeks: The Central Bank of Argentina breaks ranks with neo-liberal banking policy and targets jobs over lower inflation.”
- “Villagers have filed a second lawsuit in a foreign country, this time in Brazil, in an effort to enforce an $18bn (£11.6bn) court ruling against the US oil company Chevron for polluting the Amazon River, their lawyers said.”
- “Foreign ministers from the Mercosur trade bloc are meeting in Argentina, with action against Paraguay over the impeachment of President Fernando Lugo high on the agenda.”
- “For 30 years, generous oil subsidies from Moscow kept the lights on for Fidel Castro’s Cuban Revolution. Until the Soviet Union went kaput. Now, Russian state oil companies may be coming to Cuba’s rescue again.”
- Robert Fisk: “Western agreement ‘could leave Syria in Assad’s hands for two more years’.”
- TRNN: “Supreme Court Sides with Corporatization of Medicine. Dr. Flowers: Decision strengthens the role of private insurance companies and makes the fight for Medicare for All more difficult.”
Just cuz it’s Friday.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.