The coffee’s freshly ground, there’s a wide variety of teas and the sticky buns are homemade.
- “Spanish workers angry at a labour reform the government calls an ‘unstoppable’ necessity staged a general strike on Thursday, bringing factories and ports to a standstill and igniting flashes of violence on the streets.”
- “Charles and David Koch are each worth about $25bn, which makes them the fourth richest Americans. When you combine their fortunes, they are the third wealthiest people in the world. Radical libertarians who use their money to oppose government and virtually all regulation as interference with the free market, the Kochs are in a class of their own as players on the American political stage. Their web of influence in the US stretches from state capitals to the halls of congress in Washington DC.”
- “A Palestinian woman being held in detention in Israel, Hana Shalabi, is ending her 43-day hunger strike. The move is part of a deal which will see her exiled to the Gaza Strip.”
- “Britain will provide a further £500,000 to support Syria’s political opposition in the face of president Bashar Assad’s regime, the Foreign Secretary said. William Hague is expected to announce the extra funding tonight during his annual speech at the Lord Mayor’s Easter Banquet.”
- “West African nations have given the leaders of a coup in Mali 72 hours to relinquish power or face sanctions. Ecowas said the proposed measures included closing all land borders and freezing Mali’s assets.”
- “Turkish police have fired tear gas and water cannons to disperse thousands of people protesting an education reform bill that opponents say will boost the influence of Islamic schools, a move seen as contrary to Turkey’s secular constitution.”
- Amy Goodman: “TSA scanners and the real risk of flying.”
- “The country’s ruling generals and the biggest political party appear locked in a struggle for control. Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood has postponed an open confrontation with the military rulers and other political players by delaying a decision on whether to field a candidate for the presidential elections.”
- Black Agenda Report. I could have linked to the first five stories on the page so I decided to let you choose for yourselves. Make sure you read/listen to the Angela Davis piece.
For some reason I cannot get the main videos at The Real News Network (TRNN) to appear. I get the title and the stuff under where the video would be but that’s it. The others come up fine. Don’t know whether it’s my OS or TRNN.
Also on the video front, the videos on Prof Richard Wolff’s site are currently not working. That’s because BlipTV deleted his account for some reason. He and his trusty aide Jen Hill are working on getting them back up. Hopefully we’ll have video before we go back to Marx in the Morning on 10 April.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.