The coffee’s freshly ground, there’s a wide variety of teas and the sticky buns are homemade.
- “The meeting of Eurozone finance ministers to settle Greek’s bailout deal has been postponed. The head of the Eurogroup said he cancelled tomorrow’s gathering because Athens did not fulfil all the demands. Jean-Claude Juncker, who is also prime minister of Luxembourg, said the Eurogroup was still missing information from Athens on how it plans to save a promised 325 million euros (£272 million).”
- “Two Colombian priests who were found shot dead in the capital Bogota a year ago themselves hired the assassins who killed them, prosecutors say. They said the priests had agreed a suicide pact after one of them was diagnosed with Aids, but contracted hitmen because they could not bring themselves to carry it out.”
- “President Barack Obama and other politicians and campaign committees have yet to return donations from Houston financier R. Allen Stanford, who is currently on trial for allegedly running a $7 billion Ponzi scheme, Reuters reported on Monday.”
- “The family of Osama bin Laden’s youngest wife has petitioned the chief justice of Pakistan to order her release and that of her children from the Pakistani authorities.”
- “The Mormon Church has apologised for posthumously baptising the parents of Nazi-hunter Simon Wiesenthal. Asher and Rosa Rapp Wiesenthal were baptised in proxy ceremonies by church members in the US states of Arizona and Utah in January, records show.”
- “The system for registering adult Americans to vote in local and federal elections is such a mess, a new study has found, that the current rolls of ‘active voters’ include nearly 2 million dead people.”
- “Pakistan’s story has long been dominated by a power struggle between its two main characters: the country’s mighty military and its weak civilian government. Now, as if the story weren’t sordid enough, the rise of Pakistan’s judiciary has introduced a third character, one that analysts worry could be highly unpredictable.”
- “It’s not exactly a comforting scenario: government sharpshooters, equipped with night-vision goggles and silencers, deployed in the dead of night in a favourite Washingtonian park for the express purpose of slaughtering hundreds of white-tailed deer.”
- Noam Chomsky: “‘Losing’ the world: American decline in perspective, part 1. US foreign policy ‘experts’ only ever provide an echo chamber for American imperial power. A longer, broader view is necessary.”
- “Class War in Greece. Costas Panayotakis: Greece should default and leave the Eurozone as current policies lead to a decade of depression.”
- “Reporters Fired After Monsanto Cancer Milk Story” Surprise, surprise, they worked for Fox.
- “Debate About Iran Strategy Heats Up in Israel. At the annual top security conference in Israel sharp divisions over talk of attacking Iran.”
- “Why is Rocky Anderson Running for President? The former mayor of Salt Lake City is leading the newly formed Justice Party in a bid to take the White House.”
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.