The coffee’s freshly ground, there’s a wide selection of teas and the sticky buns are homemade.
- “Negotiators agreed to start work on a new climate deal that would have legal force and, crucially, require both developed and developing countries to cut their carbon emissions. The terms now need to be agreed by 2015 and come into effect from 2020.” My understanding is that we’ve got 5 years before it’s too late to start implementing policies. The US has been an absolute disgrace in dealing with climate change. The government as a whole would rather let corporate whores like Sen Inhofe (Asshole-OK) run the show.
- France has a presidential election in 2012. Mayhaps Osterity can get a few tips from the candidates. He might actually learn something from the socialist candidate. Or not.
- Real News talked to Dr. Heiner Flassbeck (Director, Division on Globalization and Development Strategies, UNCTAD) about the Euro Crisis. This guy knocked my socks off, and I don’t wear socks. Not what he said but that he said it. This guy’s the quintessential neoclassical economist fer cryin’ out loud. Then they link to a little talk he gave. You won’t believe what he says in the last 5 minutes.
- “Nick Clegg [deputy prime minister] promised to rebuild the government’s shattered relationship with the rest of Europe and risked opening a coalition rift by going public with his “bitter disappointment” at David Cameron’s decision to block a new EU agreement.” This could get interesting.
- Million women are ‘missing’ from Britain’s workforce. For those who’ve watched any of the speeches Prof Richard Wolff has given on the current economic crisis this is related to the reasons women went into the workforce in such great numbers in the 1970s.
- “Writing from the very region that produces more clichés per square foot than any other “story” – the Middle East – I should perhaps pause before I say I have never read so much garbage, so much utter drivel, as I have about the world financial crisis.” Tell it, Mr Robert!
If anybody hasn’t noticed yet, it’s the Christmas Season. when we celebrate the birth of Jesus by going further into debt to buy the ones we love some thing. PETA has a guide to cruetly-free clothing and accessories. We don’t have to kill animals to dress ourselves.
The truth will set you free but first it’ll piss you off.