The coffee’s freshly ground, there’s a wide selection of teas and the sticky buns are homemade.
- “The largest civil rights group in America, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), is petitioning the UN over what it sees as a concerted effort to disenfranchise black and Latino voters ahead of next year’s presidential election.”
- “The defense team for WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning is intending to demonstrate at this month’s military hearing that numerous warning bells were sounded about the US soldier’s fragile emotional and mental stability before his arrest in May 2010 – but were consistently ignored by superiors.”
- “The Queen, for example, faces a pay freeze until 2015 – only £30m [$47M] per annum. See how frugally she lives – storing food in Tupperware boxes, turning the lights off in all the thousand and one rooms she owns. And this is how we repay her. Must be why she is cheering herself up with a new filly for £500,000 [$782,000], paid for from her own incalculable private fortune.”
- In a 2 part interview with Paul Jay of The Real News Network, John Weeks, author of Capital, Exploitation and Economic Crisis, talks about It’s About Wall St. but it’s Not All About Speculation and The Road to Political Dictatorship.
- “Astronomers have located the two biggest black holes ever found, each one billions of times more massive than our sun. Observations of these supermassive cosmic objects will give scientists clues on how black holes and galaxies form and evolve, especially in the earliest parts of the universe.” Is there some way we could get all the neoliberals in government on a space tourist trip to witness an event horizon really close up?
- Bookmark the Freewayblogger‘s site. This guy has been doing this since the invasion of Irak.
The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off.