Welcome to the new MyFDL. Our amazing tech crew has worked tirelessly for months to build social networking features into the site, and there is a lot of great new stuff:
1. Across the top of the page you’ll see your toolbar, where you can create an account or login Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to control your MyFDL features from the toolbar.
2. Every registered user has their own page, and clicking on anyone’s name in the comments will take you to their page. You can now add a picture of yourself, make friends within the community and have your own blog.
3. You can join a group for your Congressional district. We hope that people will be able to use these groups to organize locally in in the future.
4. Comments on MyFDL diaries are now nested, something a lot of people have been asking for. We’ll see how it works on MyFDL as a way to test it for the main site.
5. The back stage area for writing diaries is MUCH spiffier. Try it out.
My favorite part so far are the photos in the profiles. It was GREAT to click on msmolly’s name in the comments today and see her beautiful smiling face! It’s wonderful to be able to see who you’re talking to.
So what do you think? Let us know in the comments. The programmers are still working out the kinks so make a note of it here if you find something that’s not working. And thanks everyone for their patience.
Special thanks to Michael Whitney, Brian Sonenstein, Egregious, Rick, Rayne and all our programmers who have been working so hard on this. It’s pretty amazing.