Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it? Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore? Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?
If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all. We surround them.
See, I have a hard time identifying with this because I’m not hearing "voices in the distance" that surround me "from all sides." I believe there’s a term for those who do: crazy people.
And yes, Glenn, you are surrounded.
He then lays out his "Nine Principles" and notes, "If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common."
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
Translation: America is good, except it’s about to implode because 70 million Marxists just elected the anti-Christ. Real Americans are devout, so screw the Constitution. I’m a serial liar, but I get more honest every day. No one is above the law, except the Bush administration. Oh, and dissent is patriotic — unless I disagree with you.
Guess Glenn doesn’t have much in common with himself.