1. Being old may not disqualify John McCain from being president, but is there a reason he won’t release his medical records? And while we’re at it, Sugar Momma Cindy has certainly benefitted from the tax cuts McCain was once against, but now supports. Why won’t she release her tax returns so people can know how much his switcheroo meant to her?
2. I’m going to take MoDo at her word that she’s an authority on swilling cheap beer with gusto.
3. Only twice in the past hundred years has nobody from the current administration run for President. Wonder what that means?
4. Shorter WaPo: Chelsea Clinton isn’t falling down drunk and flashing the paparazzi. Ergo she’s a weirdo.
Maybe she should roll with MoDo?
5. Bomb sniffing dog weighs in on quality of campaign coverage.
6. I think this is pretty much the last word on the Joe Lieberman Weekly: "TNR, ever so much ‘ropy’ and bursting to so as to put up with wars, gone glimmering at the fall in with pertaining to Theocratic heteronomous unifoliate disarmament." Nice shoutout to Eli, too.
7. In a plus-7 Republican district, Democrat Don Cazayoux won a stunning upset victory in Louisiana 06 where the Republicans had held the seat for 33 years. Bonus points? The one million dollar ad campaign trying to drag Cazayoux down by tying him to Obama failed miserably. Back to the Atwater drawing board.
8. Cheap vacation packages for global warming doubters along Florida coastline.
9. Stephanopolous’ interview with Hillary Clinton was pretty good I thought — and I like that Obama supporters got to ask her questions. Timmeh, on the other hand, seems consistently devoted to pleasuring himself with the sound of his own voice.
10. Warner Brothers says online digital releases "had three times the profit margin of disc." I thought it was "too soon to put a value on internet content?" (See YouTube.)
Wow, I was so fooled.