Don’t tell Jane — but I’ve found her Christmas present, thanks to Al Kamen’s In The Loop column in the WaPo.
Got just the thing: It’s a 12-inch “Rummy” doll that looks vaguely like him and features bits of his historic news conferences that you can play just by pressing a little button on the back of his coat.
Yes, you can listen to 28 of former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld’s greatest displays of impeccable logic:
– “What they do with themselves is up to them, and what the people around them do with them is up to the people around them.”
And there are the classics:
– “There are known knowns, there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns, that is to say there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns, there are things we do not know we don’t know, and each year we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.”
– “We have a saying in America: If you’re in a hole, stop digging. . . . I’m not sure I should have said that.”
The company who makes the Rummy doll also makes a lovely Preznit Give Me Turkee — so I can check Atrios’ present off as well. Woo hoo! And then I started thinking, what other options ought there be out there for stocking stuffers? Here are a few proposals for other presents:
– The Libby and Rove Stacked Deck, Presidential pardon edition.
– K Street House Of Cards from
DeLay, Inc. Abramoff Casino Industries Scanlon Scams Ney Pocketliners Reed Missionaries Ralston Go-Betweens Now manufactured by Grover Norquist Smarm Merchant Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of Republican Party Racketeering, Inc. Check out our Turdblossom Specials for a Primary season near you!
Any other ideas? Do share…
(Photo of the Rummy Talking Action Figure via TalkingPresidents.com. Too funny!)