– Bob Geiger has some fantastic cartoons up for the Saturday funnies. Give yourself a laugh or two today — you've earned it. And for an extra giggle, take a peek at this animated ditty from Handelsman. Bwahahahaha.
– Taylor has some thoughts on "Bobby." Don't know about you guys, but that film definitely seems babysitter-worthy. We don't tend to get many date nights, but I think we'll be making some plans for this one.
– Jeralyn discusses the illegal NSA wiretapping program and the meaning of oversight.
– And then, there are thoughts about showers…and Dr. James Dobson…from TBogg. (Yeah, I know. There's a sentence I never thought that I'd be writing, either.)
– Maha finds some cognitive dissonance with the wingnuttiest among us.
– And then there is this from Juan Cole — it's a headline that pretty much says it all: "Sunnis Set Afire, Mosques Attacked; Nearly 100 Killed in Reprisals; Muqtada Challenges Dhari."
– Billmon has some thoughts about Jim Webb.
– In case you were wondering, handicapping leadership moves from the outside is…well, I'll let Matt Stoller at MyDD tell you.
– Some great dissection of jokes (and not so funnies) via Kung Fu Monkey.
– Will Bunch asks a good question about NFL halftime shows and anti-war lyric cuts. Will also points to this post at another Philly blog, wherein the recipient of an e-mail from Rick Santorum's office is told to contact Bob Casey or Arlen Specter about their problem…because Santorum apparently doesn't give a crap, even though he's still earning a salary from your tax dollars for another couple of months. Moron.
– And Crooks and Liars has some hot Santana and Rob Thomas. Love this song.
(Image via Star Trek Inspirational Posters. Bwahahahaha.)