– Bob Geiger has pulled some great cartoons for this Saturday. They are amusing, and infuriating at the same time. Which is your favorite? I’m partial to the Horsey, myself.
– C&L has video of Christopher Hitchens flipping off Bill Maher’s audience. First Ann Coulter goes bonzer yo yo, and now this. What’s in the green room water lately?
– Scout Prime and Lb0313 are live-blogging the NOLA bloggers conference.
– This from Billmon would be funny, if it weren’t so freaking true.
– Nostradumbass. Bwahahahahahaha…TBogg is just funny.
– Will Bunch, at Attytood, has more information on Hildy Halley. And Will asks a good question:
One anti-war widow said she used the opportunity to voice her objections to Bush’s policies.
"I said it’s time to stop the bleeding," said Hildi Halley, whose husband, Army National Guard Capt. Patrick Damon, died June 15 in Afghanistan. "It’s time to swallow our pride and find a solution."
She said Bush responding by saying "there was no point in us having a philosophical discussion about the pros and cons of the war."
Why not? Seriously. Who better to have "a philosophical discussion about the pros and cons of the war" than the one person who, unlike the rest of us mere mortals, can start a war and send off men and women to wage it, to kill or be killed, with a single phone call?
And who better to have that discussion with, than the wife of a man who paid the ultimate price for that presidential order?
People often say that Bush is "sincere" in his religious beliefs, but we’d say more accurately that Bush is sincere in believing that he acts as a man of faith. But how can he reconcile some of the decisions that he has made in the Oval Office with true Christian teachings?
Yes, that’s a philosophical discussion. And with the world teetering on the brink, we couldn’t think of a better time to have it.
Why not, indeed. Greg Sargent has much more at TPM Cafe.
– Lindsey posts a picture that just makes me laugh.
– …and this is still funny.
– Laura Rozen has more on the Fred Fleitz ginned up intel extravaganza from last week.
– Wolcott and titties. ‘Nough said.
– And this is just wrong on so many levels…
(Happy birthday, *ilson!)