Emptywheel emailed me this NY Sun article entitled "Wilson Gets Ovation at Bloggers’s Conference." I thought it was going to be a disaster — may well have been intended to be — but weirdly Josh Gerstein got his talking points right:
1. We think Joe Wilson is a hero and deserving of a standing ovation. Murray Waas too.
2. Traditional media has dropped the ball on covering this important story, largely because they’re so compromised in it.
3. Judy Miller is "a humiliated and discredited shill."
4. Miller, along with Steno Sue and Byron York, are journalists emblematic of the problem as we see it.
5. Marcy Wheeler knows more about this case than any other human on the face of the planet and should be listened to at all times.
Anyone else looking to encapsulate the event would do well to carry these points forward. This is how we begin to take control of the new narrative coming out of Plame Gate. Enough with mental mediocrities like world-class buttfucker Ana Marie Cox disparaging Joe Wilson to score points with Instahack. This is the new narrative. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Everyone had better get used to it.
Bonus: everhopeful has a wonderfully telling Matt Bai moment.